If you have a business in Brisbane that is in need of some sales team training material, why not consider compiling your own training material? It can often times be far more cost effective and it is also a lot more personal, since you know your company best.
There are a few things you should consider prior to making your own Brisbane sales team training material that will help you get the job done a lot better. One of the first thing you should do is to go to the person who is the desktop publishing guru in the company or go to several of your clerical workers that might have the flair for doing creative things. Ask these employees to pick signature colors, formatting styles and fonts that are going to make the material uniform and professional looking and material that is going to include content that might range from data to graphs, charts and other visuals.
Pick just one person to be responsible for all the editing of the content of the sales material. Have all the content submitted by different staff contributors and collected to then hand into the writer/editor. This way it will ensure that the sales team training materials will be uniform in presentation.
You should consider including the following in your Brisbane sales team training material:
- A contact page which should include names as well as locations of those in the company who can answer questions about products, incentives, promotions, commissions and other matters dealing with sales.
- Include “new strategies” that will offer new sales people an easy to digest way of introducing and selling new items to customers.
- Make sure there are plenty of photos of the products you sell as well as their selling points. Make sure the images are sharp. Also list the features and benefits of the products.
- There should be an updated pricing guide for the new salespeople as well.
- Include a competitive audit that shows what competitors are doing so that the new salespeople won't be just thrown to the wolves when they are expected to go out and sell products.
- Most importantly make sure that you have plenty of concise information of sales practices, protocols and company policies. Your salespeople need to know what you expect out of them, but not only showing them the best procedures for selling but give them a guideline that they can follow when management may not be around. They also need to know the right procedures and policies of the company so that there are no misunderstandings.
When training sales people also remember that you can use the web to do your sales training which means that you can also have some wonderful PowerPoint presentations put together before you have your training video conference.